Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Depression and Stress

You know, it doesn't matter if it's happy stress, like a birthday party or Christmas, or if it's less happy stress, like looming deadlines and test data. Stress causes people, like me, with certain types of depression disorders to have some trouble. It's not just, "Oh, I'm a little sad." A little sad means you can have a good cry and you'll start feeling better when the sun comes out. It's not, "I wish I could get a little more sleep to better deal with this situation." I'm pretty sure I could sleep for days and things wouldn't get any better, or any worse for that matter.
I can tell my temper is a little shorter, I'm a little more sensitive in general about most things and way more sensitive about other things, not predictable things, but they are there.
It's not fun when I feel like this. In fact, it sucks. I can't talk to anyone about it. While my friends want to be supportive, there isn't anything they can do to make me feel better. My family is a mixed bag. They aren't aware, don't get it or just don't have time for it. I understand that.
It will get better. I will feel better. It just will take time. I don't like waiting.

No comments: