Friday, January 3, 2014

Everyone Needs a Little...Therapy

Started my day off right, meeting two girl friends for brunch. We don't get to see each other and visit nearly as much as we used to now that we work and have teenagers. There are details of our lives that we don't know anymore, but that doesn't make our time together any less wonderful. I sat in that booth this morning with my ladies and analyzed our lives, husbands and children. After two hours, we left  and I know that I felt an amazing peace. Did we actually solve any problems? No, not really. Did we cure any ills? Probably not. But we reminded each other that none of us are alone. We might not have time to do a weekly lunch meeting, or even a monthly dinner get together. Our hearts are always close though, whether we see each other or not, and that is the treasure of friends.

No comments: