Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weather Report says...

Facebook and Twitter are buzzing with people who are worried about the weather report. I know that we have ridiculously advanced technology to predict the weather, but it is my opinion that the weather man is perpetually an idiot. I am absolutely over planning my week based on their predictions.
Because I am supposed to go back to work tomorrow, I went ahead and did my weekly grocery shopping. There were ladies buying four gallons of milk, just in case. There were people with three packages of toilet paper, you know, the big multi-packs, just in case. If you wanted bread, you were going to have to settle for the store brand because the good stuff was sold out. The lines were all four and five people deep, all because the weather forecast calls for potential freezing rain on Monday.
Yesterday, the reports said we would start having rain this afternoon. The pups were outside playing all day. They have wet paws from earlier rain, but not wet fur. So, no rain so far today. Also, not really sure how it's going to freeze since it's still 42 degrees outside.
I will be pleasantly surprised if we get the freezing weather and will stay snuggled in the house all day quite happily. As a realist, I'm still going to set the alarm and then check the weather the most reliable way I know. I'll be looking out the windows!

No comments: